5 REASONS TO DEMONSTRATE AGAINST WAR THIS WEDNESDAY 1st April 2009:
Saturday's Put People First demonstration was excellent. Tens of thousands cameout to protest against the whole spectrum of the world leaders' policies. Theanti-war bloc was very big and very loud and got lots of coverage.
The next big event is the Yes We Can demonstration this Wednesday.
This is the only anti-war demonstration at the G20. It is the main chance wehave to make sure that the G20 leaders can't avoid the massive opposition totheir war policies.
The demonstration will assemble at the US Embassy, Grosvenor Sq, London W1A2LQ. Nearest tubes Green Park or Bond Street.
We will hand in a message to Barack Obama and then march through central Londonto Trafalgar Square for an alternative summit.
Speakers include Arthur Scargill, Tony benn, Susan George, Lindsey German,Bruce Kent and Daud Abdullah.
5 REASONS TO DEMONSTRATE AGAINST WAR THIS WEDNESDAY:
* Barack Obama has just announced a surge of 23,000 extra troops forAfghanistan. The British government looks set to send another 2,000.
* The murderous siege of Gaza continues. Israel is still bombing the tunnels into Gaza.
* No date has been set for the withdrawal of all US troops from Iraq.
* Both US and British projected military spending has risen on last year.
* Britain is still selling arms to Israel.